Friday 16 December 2011

Visitors Impressed With Lights - Christmas Flowers Mexico


Rae Warburton,

Poplar Point Correspondent...
Last week I said where did November go and you can almost say the same thing about December. The weather has stayed quite nice however, except for the strong winds that sometimes prevail.
The cousins from Courtenay, BC, had a wonderful experience coming on the train. Marjorie and Roger had an hour off the train in Jasper that they really liked. The train was almost on time getting into Winnipeg and my daughter Kim met them there. They stayed overnight with Kim as I had given them our truck to use. Saturday I had them for a christmas flowers mexico  dinner and yes the decorations were all up. Mary Warburton from Portage, her daughter MaryAnne and Earl Yeo from Saskatoon joined us as well. They were on their way home from being in Mexico for a month. On Sunday the travellers ate at Betty and Les Kelly’s home. Monday they were in at Mary Warburton’s and I was invited as well. We toured the Island Lights after as well as Campbell Street and the gingerbread like home on the crescent. Both of them really were impressed with the Island lights. Tuesday the pair went into Winnipeg to visit and Wednesday they had another visit with me and then down the road to Uncle Bert’s. They flew back home on Thursday. I hope they had a nice visit with us.
The next day I had lunch with some Minnedosa girls at Polo Park in Winnipeg. I commented that it was not a good time to have our lunch at Moxies because the parking lot was full of shoppers and their cars. After it was over I had a visit with Dr. Nero before travelling home.
Last weekend Josef and Emily Upgang travelled by bus with the Central Plains Bantam Females to Thompson, MB, for a tournament. They played 4 games; one Win, 2 losses with shoot-outs and I Tie. While Emily was playing up north, her brother Evan and was playing in Morden with the Central Plain Bantam Major Males and came home with the Silver award. Congratulations to you both.
On Tuesday afternoon I went to Oakville school for their christmas flowers mexico blogs Concert. It was exceptionally well done. After it was over, I went to Portage and got a Christmas tree and once I got it in the house it smelled so good.
Sincere sympathy is extended to Ernie Shwaluk, Trevor and Maureen, Trent and Maureen and Tyson in the sudden passing of their wife and mother Eleanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment